Looking for that special bond and camaraderie you once enjoyed in the Corps? Look no further. You can take off your pack and drop your seabag, because you’ve found it! Come join Marines and FMF Corpsmen of all ages and service eras at the next meeting of the Morgan County Marine Corps League (LCpl Jonathan L Smith Detachment). You will be at home with others who have been where you’ve been, done what you’ve done, and think and feel like you do. You are welcome and wanted. You are a part of us and we are a part of you. Our detachment meets the 3rd Thursday, 1830 hours at Decatur FOP Lodge 46, 3721 US-31, Decatur, AL 35603.
- Elizabeth Tumbleson, Commandant:
- John Tucker, Sr. Vice Cmdnt:
- Ray Gettler, Jr. Vice Cmdnt:
- William Thrasher, Judge Adv.
- Michael Claborn, Paymaster:
- Michael Claborn, Adjutant:
- Michael Keyes , Chaplain:
- Damon Tumbleson, Sgt. at Arms
- Larry Wilson, Jr. Past Cmdnt:
- Samuel Heflin, Marine4Life Liaison
- Raymond Gettler, Web Sgt.
- None, Newsletter Editor
- , Americanism/Historian
- , Eagle Scout Contact
- Larry Wilson, VAVS Contact
- Stephen O’Dell, Toys 4 Tots Contact
1983-2005, 22, of Eva, Alabama.
Lance Cpl. Jonathan L. Smith died from wounds received as a result of an explosion while conducting combat operations against enemy forces in Fallujah, Iraq. He was assigned to 2nd Assault Amphibian Battalion, Regimental Combat Team-8, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. Died on June 6, 2005.